Old 06-08-14, 10:13 AM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Liked 1,189 Times in 605 Posts
Originally Posted by raqball
Yes indeed..

I have the 2013 Sirrus Limited SL4 and it does have the Roubaix SL4 10r carbon frame... Mine also came with Ultegra Di2 to boot..

The 2014 Sirrus is still an awesome bike though.
Completely agree that mobile_gnome has bought a great bike; however, I do think there is something really 'off' about Specialized's geometry charts for this year's carbon Sirrus bikes (all of them). For example m_g says he bought the "small" Carbon Comp. The geometry chart says that the small has a seat tube length of 440mm centre of b/b to top (17.3 inches). I don't think so; a quick glance at m_g's photos of his bike shows something more like a 52 Roubaix. Along the same lines, I don't think those chainstays are 435 mm. -- again compare the image to that of a current Roubaix (looks the same) or my old Sirrus (attached), which does have 435mm chainstays (note the clearance even with 32c tires).

As far as I can tell (haven't seen any of the Sirrus carbons 'live') they do all have Roubaix geometry, just perhaps in fewer sizes. Stand to be corrected, but that's certainly what it looks like. That's the main reason I have held off and will continue to hold off switching to one (from my '10 Sirrus Comp) -- the geometry for me is just wrong for flat bars unless one is either prepared to 'size up' to get the right t/t length or wants a really upright position.

Other than that, lovely bike(s) and none of the above matters if the bike fits as one wants -- I'm just grouching because I want one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
sirrus 14 1.jpg (100.3 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by badger1; 06-08-14 at 10:18 AM.