View Single Post
Old 06-08-14, 07:19 PM
IBOHUNT

Bikes: Motobecane Fantom Cross; Cannondale Supersix replaced the Giant TCR which came to an untimely death by truck

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by shovelhd
White Plains Criterium, M55+/M60+, hot, sunny, 5th place. I was up with the sun to head down to Westchester for one of my favorite races, a tight half mile downtown criterium with nice crowds. Warmups didn't go well but the power seemed to be there. There were a couple of guys that I knew would be aggressive, and they did not disappoint. I couldn't let either of them get away without me with them. We did get gaps several times but one of the M60+ riders kept dragging the field back up to us. We really needed a third rider. So it came down to the sprint and I just screwed up. I wasn't in the right position with 2 to go and I didn't fight hard enough to get there. I could make a ton of excuses but I won't. I just screwed up.

P/1/2/3, finished in the field. I was in no mood to crush myself so I rode around in the field with a few people I trusted. Got a good workout and enjoyed myself.