View Single Post
Old 06-10-14, 11:49 AM
Hermespan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by marxmini

i installed a longer seatpost bought from flying ball hong kong. initially i wanted to get the brompton seatpost but it was quite expensive so i opted for this aftermarket seatpost for brompton. the bottom is flared (just like the original brompton seatpost) so it will need to be inserted from below. also you will need the original pentaclip or any aftermarket one to install the saddle. i hope this helps.

Marxmini, I saw either a red Brompton or red Flamingo being ridden near Khao Sarn Road, Bangkok tonight by an ethnic Thai or Chinese male. Are you him? Too fast to catch as I was walking (and talking with a friend who was telling me how much cheaper Giant bicycles are in Khorat vs. Bangkok.)

But to your post.... Where did you buy the Hong Kong made extended seat post? I am finding it a huge challenge to find Brompton/Flamingo original or off-brand parts in Bangkok. First, there is the language challenge. Your average taxi driver in Cambodia speaks more English than university educated Thai. Then the hassle of folding bike shops in this metropolis (Google Maps is over. 2 years out of date - it was a pleasure taking the Chao Phraya Express acriss the river to Siriraj Hospital pier then biking 2 kilometers but the pro bike shop had moved). Thirdly hardly anyone rides Bromptons. Flamingos? Forget it. No bike shop manager or staff I have talked with has ever seen one. Seems to be just a bike sold and ridden in Taiwan and maybe Europe.