View Single Post
Old 10-14-05, 08:16 AM
LittleBigMan
Sumanitu taka owaci

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I remember not too long ago, I was walking through an intersection in the crosswalk. I was crossing in front of four or five lanes of cars all waiting at the red light on a one-way street--all lanes were filled.

A lady on a cell phone driving an SUV (I'm not being prejudiced, it just happened to be a female and an SUV) coming towards me in the opposite direction decided to make a left turn.

But there was one small problem she overlooked: there was a wall of cars and a pedestrian (me) blocking her from going the wrong way down a one-way street. She almost sandwiched me between her SUV and the wall of cars.

I remember clearly her face as I waved my arms and shouted at her to stop: she looked like an angry customer who didn't get the mayo and pickles they ordered on their sandwich. But I have to hand it to her, she was able to miss me, and the wall of cars, whip her SUV back into her lane and speed off without her mouth ever stopping from yacking on that phone.

All this with only one hand to steer. We need more quick-reflexed drivers like her.