View Single Post
Old 06-11-14, 01:50 AM
marxmini

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermespan
Marxmini, I saw either a red Brompton or red Flamingo being ridden near Khao Sarn Road, Bangkok tonight by an ethnic Thai or Chinese male. Are you him? Too fast to catch as I was walking (and talking with a friend who was telling me how much cheaper Giant bicycles are in Khorat vs. Bangkok.)

But to your post.... Where did you buy the Hong Kong made extended seat post? I am finding it a huge challenge to find Brompton/Flamingo original or off-brand parts in Bangkok. First, there is the language challenge. Your average taxi driver in Cambodia speaks more English than university educated Thai. Then the hassle of folding bike shops in this metropolis (Google Maps is over. 2 years out of date - it was a pleasure taking the Chao Phraya Express acriss the river to Siriraj Hospital pier then biking 2 kilometers but the pro bike shop had moved). Thirdly hardly anyone rides Bromptons. Flamingos? Forget it. No bike shop manager or staff I have talked with has ever seen one. Seems to be just a bike sold and ridden in Taiwan and maybe Europe.
that was not me.

i bought the brompton extended seatpost from Flying Ball Bicycle Shop (check their website) in Hong Kong. it is the official distributor of brompton in Hong Kong and they have aftermarket parts as well for the brompton. these aftermarket parts should fit the flamingo as well.