Old 06-11-14, 05:26 AM
WestPablo
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi there, West_Guy!

I really don't know quite how to begin to express what I'm feeling right now. I've spent the better part of an entire day trying to determine exactly how to phrase what I'm about to say. I know that I would like to simply say, "Congrats! Ride her like you stole her!", but that's not really what I'm feeling...

When we purchase bicycles we want to enjoy our purchases. We want to cycle knowing that we're not going to have any structural or mechanical issues with the bicycle. We simply want to have fun, express our freedom, and cycle safely. For the most part I feel that we could do that without any hesitation at all. However, with department store bikes, we have to take extra precaution concerning safety, because of the large possibility that they were assembled improperly with inferior parts.

Most of us are either overweight now, or we were at one time or another. Just like everyone has to be concerned about their personal safety whenever cycling, it goes double for us, because of the increased risk taken, if we should have an accident while riding a bicycle. Our excess weight will cause us to suffer a greater impact than the average cyclist. This is the reason that we need to take extra care and do diligent research, before we embark upon a bicycle purchase. As overweight people, buying a bicycle from a department store presents us with greater risk to our personal safety, primarily due to improper assembly and cheap parts. All features of Xmart store bicycles of which most Bike Forums members are already aware.

I know that we all enjoy freewill and freedom of choice as Americans. However, we sometimes need to exhibit greater concern when using our freewill when making those choices.

Like MRT2, I too was kind of disappointed with your decision to purchase a department store bicycle, because of the increased risk that I feel that you're taking, being well over three hundred pounds and all. However, I'd still like to be there for you regardless of your bike choice.

I really do want you to enjoy your bicycle and have as much fun and exercise as anybody else. It's just that I can't help but to worry about your wheels holding up while you're cycling. I also worry about your bicycle failing catastrophically and suddenly, possibly causing you injury.

So there you have it! On one hand, I'd like to congratulate you for your new bicycle purchase and wish you well. OTOH, I feel like this is some kind of a solemn occasion.

There were better choices...

PS.

If you had gotten a steel single speed, I would possibly worry less, I don't know. I think I even reluctantly recommended an Xmart single speed to you at one time. I most probably would have regretted that recommendation too!

Last edited by WestPablo; 06-11-14 at 08:14 AM.