Old 06-12-14, 01:19 AM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by MickeyMaguire
I'd love to see a city built from the ground-up around Crawford's models. The one thing really lacking where I am (Columbus, Ohio) is efficient public transportation. I live on the edge of the city (far southwest corner). I would have to walk a short distance to catch a bus, but, there are none running at a time that I could take to work on my schedule. I start my work day (in the office) at 5:00 AM. I leave at 1:30 PM. I'd have to change schedules if it were possible.

When my wife and I move to Florida, I plan to sell my car and that will leave us with her car alone. I'll go car-light, very light. I might get a scooter.
So many people say that the only thing stopping them from being carfree is the crappy bus schedule.

I know what it's like. For many years I worked second shift, 3 to 11 PM. Lots of buses to work, but none coming home. Thank goodness for bikes and good commute routes! Now I work 7 PM to 7 AM, so there are buses coming and going. But I only live a couple blocks from work now...my usual bad timing!

"Think Outside the Cage"