View Single Post
Old 06-13-14, 08:30 AM
WrightVanCleve

Bikes: 2013 Trek One Series

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thought about this a bit, I need to ask how we are defining a bad diet?

Is it too many calories or just a really bad selection of foods that are high in bad types of fats? Avocado fat is good for you as it helps to lower your LDL cholesterol and raises your HDL cholesterol. Bacon fat is just bad for you.

In some ways, you can out ride a bad diet in the sense of just unhealthy choices, but still limiting the calories you eat, but if you are going to hog down every meal then you are not going to out ride that unless you are going to ride most of the day every day.

My first post in this thread, my diet was high in fat, all types, and high in calories and you are not going to out ride that diet and the fat is just bad for you over all.

It is easy to eat too many calories in a high fat diet since you have a lot of calories in a fairly small amount of food, but you can eat a portion of vegetables that is the same size as that burger yet eat less calories since there isn't any fat in there where that burger has many more calories from the fat.

So, how are we going to define bad diet for this discussion? I did not see it in the OP.

Last edited by WrightVanCleve; 06-13-14 at 08:58 AM.