Old 06-13-14, 03:43 PM
zx9rmal

Bikes: '92 Merlin Extralight, '19 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Need advice on saddle issue

Been riding my new Giant Propel for 6 months now. A pro fit was done and I am very comfortable on the bike. The bike came with a Fizik Arione R3 saddle which felt really good.........for a while. It seems that I'm experiencing more discomfort as time passes. The discomfort is at the IT's (sit bones). The only saddle fit adjustments I've made since purchase were lowering the saddle about 3mm and moving the saddle back about 5mm. The most significant change, I believe, is ME. I weighed 132 lbs. when I bought the bike, and with all the riding and a little better nutrition, I'm down to 124-125 lbs. I'm a little guy so that's a fair amount of weight loss, and I'm sure a chunk of the loss is off my butt. I just don't have a lot of meat back there. My LBS/fitter recommended Shimano's Pro Turnix AFsaddle, which has a center cutout, and a non-flat contour (the Arione is flat). I had a good feeling about what he was saying the saddle's profile. I rode it 25 miles this morning and I'm bummed. About mid way through, my sit bones started throbbing, and by the end of the ride it was worse than the Arione. Unhappy to say the least. Don't know whether it's simply the wrong saddle or maybe a saddle setup issue.

Any suggestions from those of you with saddle fit experience is greatly appreciated. Thanks.