View Single Post
Old 06-13-14, 09:40 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4252 Post(s)
Liked 3,866 Times in 2,579 Posts
Cinelli CXSS Build I am considering

So basically the plan for the bike is a mostly commuter with weekend warrior off roading when I get the chance but I kind of wanted to run things by people who do it more than I and see what I might want to change for more cross riding as I am building it more like a fixed gear/single speed road machine.

I am going with a Cinelli MASH CXSS frame (somewhat of a place holder for a custom frame I am looking at getting built)
Brakes:Avid Shorty Ultimate
Drivetrain: Sugino 75 + Sugino Zen Chainring, EAI Gold Medal cog (or Phil Wood) and White Industries Freewheel
Wheels Phil Wood Hubs and maybe H+Sons rims and most likely DT Swiss spokes
Cockpit is being moved from another bike but is complete just have to get a new seatpost but probably will go with Thomson or continue with my initially unintentional SRAM/Avid/Zipp theme and get a Zipp service course SL seatpost.

Mainly my issues are with the drivetrain and wheels for cross riding. I know they will be just fine for city riding but any thoughts for off road? I assume they will be just fine and dandy but having a second, third or fourth opinion isn't a horrible thing, right?

Thanks in advance