View Single Post
Old 06-14-14, 02:54 PM
turbo1889
Transportation Cyclist

Bikes: Too many to list, some I built myself including the frame. I "do" ~ Human-Only-Pedal-Powered-Cycles, Human-Electric-Hybrid-Cycles, Human-IC-Hybrid-Cycles, and one Human-IC-Electric-3way-Hybrid-Cycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Realized you might take my last post as a criticism as to how you ride rather then me explaining why I must often do different. To clarify:

You might not have the problem of your releases trying to bite you when you play "catch and release". Good for you, and shows a higher quality grade of catch your dealing with. I do have that problem and have learned not to play that game anymore.

The ones I have to deal with they often take the act of release the same as two dogs facing off and growling at each other but not yet engaged in actual combat until one makes the mistake of yielding in a clearly subservient move at which point the other seizes the initiative and does its best to finish the job and run the one who blinked completely out of its territory. Where as holding the line and not bowing out they do growl at you as they pass but don't try to finish the job of running you completely out of their territory (as they see it). Play catch and release up here and when it comes to the release step you can get a very primitive territorial dispute canine response play and they take it as a cue for them to finish the job and run you completely off the road. It will not surprise me if one of these days a driver rolls down the window and instead of a garbled yell they literally bark and growl at me and they ain't got no dog in the car with them.

Last edited by turbo1889; 06-14-14 at 03:08 PM.