View Single Post
Old 06-14-14, 03:03 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5767 Post(s)
Liked 2,542 Times in 1,408 Posts
Originally Posted by turbo1889
That is how I ride, sounds like you are more willing to allow yourself to be squeezed and risk being sliced then I am and you play "catch and release" on narrow roads accordingly....
I think you and I are using the same play book. Th details of how we manage specific conditions and circumstances are less important, than the fact that we make a serious effort to balance our right of way and personal safety, with the needs and wants of other road users.

Possibly one reason I'm willing to ride in closer quarters, is that I'm in New York, where it's a game of inches, and you're in Montana and everyone is used to more room.

I'm not into having hard set rules, or telling others how to ride. I take each situation as it comes, and apply Plans A-E based on what's available and workable at the time.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.