Old 06-15-14, 12:15 AM
tetonrider

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ovoleg
I'm definitely going to focus on walking slower. Yeah I'm 100% weight bearing w/o a cane/pole/crutch. My PT has been looking at my posture walking and has given me some tips.

My hip/quad aches a lot in the mornings and if I'm sitting for any extended period of time. It also aches in the same spot when I walk up stairs or do any kind of body squats.

I was off of my leg for 7 weeks so definitely a lot longer, but my injury is kind of serious because the break happened at the neck which is crucial for bloodflow/etc. HOpefully the time off will ensure it healed well(crossing my fingers hard)
AVN is no joke. hope you at least considered some of the suggestions you PMed me for, with respect to blood flow.

even though you can walk without a crutch, doing so with a limp can be counter to progress. it's amazing what a quick pole tap here and there can do to preserve the gait. good to hear that your PT is super-mindful of your stride. i found my (im)balance issues popped up not only walking but standing around. in fact, walking around i was very focused but just standing was more subconscious and lead to far worse posture, even when i thought i was balanced. had to retrain my brain.

i've had to go 2 months non-weight-bearing with injuries before so know what that recovery can be like. not fun. glad you are back at it and hope you can keep moving in a positive direction.