Old 06-15-14, 03:02 PM
Jaeger99

Bikes: Me: Trek 7.2 FX Disc, Pinarello Rokh Her: Electra Townie 3i

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by prime winner
I don't get it. Why all the head scratching over what pays I want to put on my hybrid. It's a HYBRID. And people put bar ends on hybrids all the time. Weren't bar ends designed for mountain bikes?

I was at a trek store looking at a 7.4 FX and 1.2 road bike (on sale for $799). I went with what I wanted and have a vision for how I want to use it. It's a hybrid, you know a mix.
I don't get it either. Best I can figure is that some people either can't imagine that others would have different preferences than they have, or else they are so full of themselves they feel they know what the best choice is for everyone else. Not surprisingly, the "best" choice for everyone else is the one they made for themselves. Funny how it usually works out that way. In either case, I have no desire to dive down that rabbit hole. My suggestion: just tube out the noise.

Your question about what I mean by "trails" is a fair one. I certainly don't mean the kind of rock and log-strewn challenge best met with a full suspension bike. My off road runs are on gravel paths and groomed woodland trails. A few rutted, bumpy sections here and there - but those would be the exception to the rule.