Old 06-15-14, 06:48 PM
Dudelsack 

Bikes: Lectric Xpedition.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 46 Posts
So I rode 113 very flat miles yesterday.

I started at Avoca Park at the south end of the Little Miami River Trail:

This trail is board flat and the weather was perfect, so there wasn't much suffering to be had. There was a major race going on at Loveland and I had to be careful not to get in the racers way, although they didn't appear to be taking things too seriously.

I went through beautiful downtown Xenia:

The above is Xenia Landing, built to accommodate cycling visitors.

I slogged my way through Yellow Springs.

There was a street fair in Yellow Springs and it was a mess. Thousands of people on the trail made travel very slow.

So I made it to Springfield, turned around, and had to go mano a mano through Yellow Springs again.

It gave me a chance to go through beautiful Xenia again:

The Dayton spur took me past a drag strip. It made an airport seem serene. I wish I'd snapped a picture or two of it.

I ended up along the Mad River Trail in Dayton:

Unfortunately I ran out of trail and energy, but if packed blinkies, strobes and one packet of Gu that made the trip on the Dayton city streets safe enough.

I payed strict attention to my nutrition. I had one milkshake, two Cokes, three tacos and the above mentioned Gu. It doesn't need to be more complicated than that.

Today I'm tired but not sore. And there's a club century coming up in two weeks. I may be dumb enough to try it.

Thats it.