Old 06-15-14, 08:02 PM
seanpatrick76

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse 105, 2014 specialized Tricross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Heart Rate Monitor that saves an actual ECG?

Hey all!

I'm thinking about purchasing a HRM as I become more serious about cycling. I commute every day to work, but have been doing longer rides on a regular basis (70 - 140k) the last couple of years. I recently buckled and tried clip-less pedals, and OH MY GOD what a difference. In any case today I had such a good run (100k) with my new pedals I thought the next logical step would be getting a HRM. I'd like it primarily to monitor my heart rate (duh) - however wondered if there was one that actually kept a record of the EKG /ECG readout that I could download and view. The reason for this is I had a heart procedure a few years back to fix a racing heart rate (PSVT) - and a result of that procedure is that sometimes my heart skips beats. Sometimes when I'm well in to a longer stretch I'll really feel it skip, and would like to have a way to see an interpretation of that on a readout so I could monitor it. Secondary would be trying to keep in a good zone for endurance riding, but primarily it will be to monitor my arrhythmia(s). I don't need GPS (though I wouldn't say no to it) and would like to keep the budget fairly reasonable as I'm spending ALL my money going cycling through Ireland for 3 weeks this summer. I'd love some suggestions! Thanks so much, Cheers!

Sean.