Giant Doofus

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jade408
I've got a Public Bikes C7i

Here's my bike + pannier:

Beautiful! I like how you have it outfitted with the basket and panniers.

Originally Posted by katsrevenge

ETA, being upright RULES. Can't stand being all hunched over.
I love mixtes. I seriously considered a SOMA Buena Vista before settling on my Achielle Oma. I'm 5'4" and found that mounting the mixte in a dress wasn't quite as...um...ladylike as it was on the loop frame. On the other hand, I do tend to be a klutz, so that was probably operator error rather than a problem with the bike!

Originally Posted by chaadster
I'm curious as to whether you ladies find the dressguards that Fietsbob mentioned, and which are pretty standard equipment on Dutch utility bikes, to be useless, or perhaps suitable for dresses longer than you wear?
I don't use a dress guard. My dresses are mostly knee-length and an A-line cut, so they really couldn't blow back and get caught in the spokes. My coats also are either waist-length or tailored closer to the body, so I don't see an issue there either.

The best trick I've picked up about wearing skirts and dresses is about how you stop them from flying up. This is super simple: you just clip a binder clip or two to the hem to weight it down. Works perfectly. You just have to remember to take the binder clips off when you get to work!

And now, because I never pass up an opportunity to share a picture of Sassy, my bike, here she is:
[IMG]P1050728 by Giant Doofus, on Flickr[/IMG]