View Single Post
Old 06-17-14, 11:54 PM
HydroG33r 

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joeyduck
That was my old daily grind. In a sick way I looked forward to it. It was the halfway point for my commute and I loved trying to hammer up the hill. Sometimes it went well other times I was just sucking wind. I can no longer remember my stats up that hill. I feel like I tried to hold 12 miles/hour going up (19km/h). But I never had the technology or memory to consistently track the times. Plus there is the light halfway up that gets you at times and once you lose momentum it is hard to start again.

But I do agree I rarely saw other commuters going up it, going down I would sometimes see others. But after that it was mostly downhill for me also. Which is some of the motivation to push hard. And 5 km is a great cool down distance.
Originally Posted by HydroG33r
Rode home yesterday via my river route, but rode up the Byrne/Southridge hill for the first time. Not bad; total is 85m elevation over 2.2km = 3.8% grade. The Strava segment is 1.6km, 62m, 4%. Came in middle of the pack (44/100), which is relatively lower than most of my Strava placings (typically in the top 20%, often top 10%), however this one may be a bit biased towards a fitter group of riders; recreational commuters wouldn't really frequent this route like they do on many of my other segments. Anyways, looking forward to climbing the leaderboards on that one, as afterwards it's a nice flat ~5km to my house. Good way to finish a nice commute.

Originally Posted by joeyduck
Ohh god no! That was with near daily training. That being said I think there were days I bottomed out at 8 mph or so.

Great job though. I can never figure out which day I am faster I feel like Mondays should be the fastest but Tuesdays always feel fastest.
If only there were some device you could get for free that would help you track your rides.........