View Single Post
Old 06-18-14, 06:44 AM
revcp 

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
revcp, I wish I could ride off to a good brewery and then have someone drive me home. Or just walk home.

otg, that a nice looking bike. How long you been riding that one? We haven't seen it before, I don't think.

As on most days I did my 30 mile commute. It was hot and humid. I'll probably skip tomorrow because of weather and fatigue, and skip Thursday because we have a gig that night.

I posted a thread in 50+ asking about leg fatigue. I've been running up at least 200 miles a week since DST started, sometimes more, including a metric on the tandem a week ago and century solo about a month ago. I've probably already run up 2000 miles this year. My weight is down to 160, once even below. Their consensus was that I overtraining. I don't think of it as training, just riding! But I won't argue. When my sweetie says I need more rest and more food, who am I to disagree?
Hi, Jim. I got the bike, a 1990 Stumpjumper, about a month ago and rebuilt it as a drop bar commuter. Wasn't happy with the paint job, though. It had a pretty poor maroon repaint covering the back half of the frame, so I had it powder coated. Only thing left from the original bike is the.headset. All other parts went to bikes I built up for my boys. I also had built up Alex rims with a shimano dynohub for front hub. It's a fabulous commuter. Eventually I'll be replacing the fd and rd with Cyclone M-II, my favorite.

Once we move back into the house and get settled (home fire mid February) I'll be able to get more miles in.