Old 06-18-14, 09:17 AM
CommuteCommando

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by az_cyclist
Our Grand Tour training ride Saturday was almost a century (96.1 miles). We did have a fair amount of climbing, 1759 ft. It replaced our usual GT training ride from Flagstaff to Clints Well, which has less climbing but the altitude is higher

Clints Well

Bike Ride Profile | Bull Shifter Clints Well ride near Flagstaff | Times and Records | Strava

Our version of the Skull Vall

Bike Ride Profile | Bull Shifter Grand Tour Training Ride near Congress | Times and Records | Strava

I cant say I have ever ridden an unplanned century. I have ridden several on my own, in which part were with the club ride then I rode more miles to make it to 90 or 100+
My wife and I have friends who retired to "Prescut". I did manage to take my bike on one visit up there, but was beset by a flat on unloading the bike, and a missing inflator (found it laying on the driveway when we got home). By the time one of the fine LBS's opened and I got it squared away, I was only able to get in a pathetic ten miles before having to return and be "sociable". Having driven up there a few times, I have "caged it" over all of that Prescott/Congress loop, and it looks like a fine ride.