View Single Post
Old 06-18-14, 10:54 AM
Vexxer

Bikes: 2016 Fuji Gran Fondo 2.0 LE, Specialized Tricross Elite Disc (2013), Motobecane 529HT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome to the addiction... Its crazy how much we will torture ourselves when we first start this from being out of shape, yet can't get enough of it. Bummer about your bike though, I would go nuts at this point if I didn't have my bike for ten days.

Originally Posted by SquatchBiker
On the advice from this board, I purchased a bike from my LBS. Got to go on two rides and had an accident. 8 stitches later and two weeks after buying the bike I get in two more rides. This time I did something while shifting (went from high gear to low gear or something) and my derailer stuck in the spokes on my back wheel. Took the bike back to the shop. Busy shop and it was ten days before I could get the bike back. Now it's raining. I'm woefully out of shape so the rides can be a chore (and an ego bruise) but its all I think about.

On a side note me and my oldest son are both over weight but I think I actually have some positive influence now. He has been saving his money for almost a year to buy a gaming computer, well he finally purchased the parts. He had some money left over and instead of buying a couple of games he went and bought a bike. Granted he purchased a cheap fixie from Walmart but he really loves the bike. He's doing a summer bridge for his advanced math class next year so he's been riding the bike to school daily and wants to go on rides with me.

Hopefully I can keep him, me, my bike and his bike in one piece for a little while and enjoy some riding. It's all I think about.