View Single Post
Old 06-19-14, 04:00 PM
raqball

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 121 Posts
Ya I saw that.. With Garmin it's always 2 steps forward and one step back.. I assume the new update will resolve a few issues.

Heck the 810 has been out for over a year and it's still buggy..

I returned the Edge 1000 and the Edge Remote to Garmin and got back $806 with tax. I spent $386 on the Cyclo and $63 on the garmin magnetless sensors = $449 total with free shipping and no sales tax from Clever Training. That's a $357 difference.. NO THANKS Garmin.... The Cyclo 505 is just a good, if not better than the Edge 1000. The Cyclo is also pretty much bug and error free..

Here are a few shots of the Cyclo 505 with the included Magellan Out Front Mount. The 1st shot again shows the screen readability in bright sunlight (brightness set to 0) and also shows the Di2 information.

A few additional items worth noting.
  • The Cyclo 505 has music control -- I assume this would be great for mountain bikers ect who don't need to worry about cycling in traffic with headphones in. It's not a feature that I'd use but it is there for those who want it.
  • I do not think the Cyclo uses 1 second GPS recording and I've found nowhere to view or change this setting.
  • There is no iPhone app. The Cyclo 505 pairs directly to iPhone with no need for an app. There is an app for Android and it's needed to get text and phone notification with that specific OS.
  • The Garmin Connect website is much nicer and is far more advanced than Magellan's version of the same. I have auto sync setup with Strava so I never need to go to the Magellan web portal.
  • The fonts are slightly smaller on the Cyclo 505 -v- the fonts on the Edge 1000.
The one and only thing I am finding that I really miss from the Edge 1000 is the Edge Remote. I really liked that little thing!

I do have 3 bugs to report on the Cyclo 505
  • The Garmin magnetless sensors don't connect. Magellan said a fix is on the way with a 2 week time frame
  • Temperature is only displayed in Celsius
  • Di2 rear cassette settings is missing an 11-32 option

That's it.. Other than that the Cyclo 505 is ROCK solid and everything just flat out works on the unit.

Last edited by raqball; 06-19-14 at 04:19 PM.