Old 06-19-14, 06:06 PM
rm -rf
don't try this at home.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Liked 509 Times in 349 Posts
Originally Posted by bickeylikey
I guess the main differences with what I’m going for vs. existing skewer locks / wheel locks are:

1) More security –we went to home depot and bought pretty much every theft tool, nothing was able to get any leverage in opening the nut. Compared to competitors (i.e. Pinhead) which have vulnerabilities to certain tools:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90J9_BIEInI
There’s also a bunch of variations so a thief would need to carry around a lot of keys to steal just a wheel

2) Lower price point than some other skewer locks (i.e. Pitlock is $70+ for just one skewer). This would be $45 for front and back skewers. For a set of skewers that have variations, I haven’t really found anything lower than this.

3) We designed the engineering of the cutouts to deter theft while still looking pretty awesome in my opinion… Cus who doesn’t like a sexy bike

4) Just to be clear, you put these on once and never touch them again. They essentially replace the need for a second lock used to secure your front tire. You absolutely still need a U-Lock to prevent the frame from being stolen.
The round nut shown would only tighten with the wrench tool. How do you later remove the wheel?