Thread: Brooks Saddle
View Single Post
Old 06-20-14, 07:10 PM
Duane Behrens

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac (carbon), Specialized Roubaix (carbon, wifey), Raleigh Super Course (my favorite), and 2 Centurion project bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ACrowe25
Well, looks like there goes that idea. Found a good way to search the forum, read some threads, and realized it's just not worth it to deal with rain/theft on a $100 saddle.
Living in southern California and storing my Nishiki/Brooks in the garage, I can't really speak to problems with rain.

I WILL say that, right out of the box and brand new, the Brooks B17 saddle is the most comfortable sports-oriented saddle I've ever experienced. Yes, it's hard, seems unyielding, and threatens to become uncomfortable after any long distance ride.

Trouble is, that threat never materializes. I just ride and ride without thinking of the saddle. Very much unlike my Specialized Roma, which creates chafing after 30 miles or so.

I wonder if it isn't the natural vs. man-made materials in the Brooks vs. the Roma. For both saddles, I'm careful to use them as a perch rather than as a chair. Most of you will know what I mean.

And by the way, both saddles cost about the same . . . DB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
brooks top.jpg (42.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg
brooks side.jpg (51.1 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Duane Behrens; 06-20-14 at 07:14 PM.