View Single Post
Old 02-02-03, 02:30 AM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
NDbentrider and Detriex.. ND Rider. First I hope the stories about ND are not true. Being a lover of northern Michigan (UP) I have the greatest respect for Scandavian people.. I love the North country- trees and all, so ND was seriously a place I wanted to visit.. Think you have scenic spots equivilant to SD's Badlands..?
Detriex.. Whenever I want to contact someone in state government, I go to Yahoo Government and on that menu go to appropriate state. You can find the appropriate contact through the Yahoo Government search engine.
Being that tax bills originate in State House of Representatives, I went to the ND House Taxation Committee. That is where such bills originate.. I choose the ranking member.. Hopefully this person is critical of whatever..
Bicylists should fight back. We all can be tourists in ND and they should know our feelings. In fact I recall ads in Adventure Cycling Magazine about cycle tours in North Dakota.
ND Rider. You say there is some anti-cyclist fanatic in ND state government. I suggest you should inform us so we all can contact this person. The governor maybe.? ND does not want cycle tourists, they should stop advertising for us ! Snail mail is more effective!
This goes against the grain of even the Federal governmet. Most state governmets and the Fed's talk of tax incentives for commuting on bike. What gives here. Let's not stand by idly..

^ Since January 1, 2012