Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by sauerwald
Column from last thursday
Roadshow: Do you have to signal when exiting a freeway? - San Jose Mercury News

Today's column
Roadshow: If I don't have to use my blinker, why should I? - San Jose Mercury News

Clearly, people in the San Francisco Bay area have a hard time figuring out what their turn signals are for.....
I am of the opinion that turn signals are an expensive option on most vehicles, as I see them so rarely used. As a driver and a cyclist I never depend on or expect to get an indication of what others intend.

On the other hand, as a driver and cyclist I signal any intent to make a lateral movement... from lane change to freeway exit or entrance to out right turn... even leaving the curb. I look at it as a courtesy to fellow road users.

Too bad so many others refuse to be courteous to one another. Kinda says something about our whole country, eh? Courtesy as a sign of weakness, eh?

BTW I saw a motorist yesterday that did the same thing as that city truck driver, at three different stop signs... technically running the stop signs while turning. Guess that is just how some folks roll. And yes, there was traffic around.