Old 06-24-14, 04:01 PM
mstraus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by winston63
Here's a couple.

Like mstraus mine is a stock AWOL comp, but I've added front & rear racks & fenders. These were taken last week on my maiden voyage right after taking possession of the bike.

Yesterday I went back to try a different saddle - the stock saddle definitely didn't work for my anatomy! I'm trying out a Specialized Toupe and so far it seems to be a much better fit.

I love the ride - it's much more forgiving on wooden bridges and gravel than my Kona. It's much slower, too, but that's OK, I'm having so much fun riding it that I don't care too much about that.

It's a pretty heavy bike, but it feels very stable, the disc brakes are excellent and will really be appreciated on the many rainy days we get here.

I'm still getting used to the SRAM shifters as I'm used to the 105s on my Kona, but the difference isn't really causing me any issues. What is taking some getting used to are the larger gear jumps on the Apex cassette. I could see that being annoying if someone primarily rides on flat terrain. I'm almost always climbing or descending so the range is welcome, but still, surprises me a bit sometimes.

All told, I love the bike - my commute is short, about 4 km but this morning I got up a bit early and added a nice loop down to the ocean before heading into work. That made it about a 17 km ride and I found myself wanting more!
Very Nice! What racks are those? What fenders? Any other plans to tweek it?

The stock saddle isn't great for my anatomy either, though I haven't swapped it yet. My dealer recommended the Specialized toupe too based on a fitting, as well as one other option. I am hoping to try swapping it this week. My dealer also recommended a longer stem during a fitting, which I liked at the time though after riding it a bit I am questioning if that was the right call. I might try swapping back to the original a bit and see which I like better. Seems like short stem is part of the idea for this bike.

They also recommended narrower handlebars, but I really like the stock one so not sure if I want to switch.

I hope to have some free time this weekend to do some tweaking on my bike to get it all set up, so will try to post some pics after that.

In the mean time, here are some pics of the bike when new, basically stock minus the swapped stem, a waterbottle cage (just one but probably will get a second), and a saddle bag.

Since these photos were taken, I haven't done much except put on some lights and a Wahoo Fitness RFLKT+ and RPM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2014-03-25 18.02.34.jpg (102.4 KB, 50 views)
2014-03-25 18.03.16.jpg (101.9 KB, 44 views)
2014-03-25 18.04.19.jpg (101.1 KB, 43 views)
2014-03-25 18.05.01.jpg (100.9 KB, 42 views)