View Single Post
Old 06-25-14, 02:09 AM
CarinusMalmari

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1662 Post(s)
Liked 226 Times in 131 Posts
My whole position on this helmet thread kind of reminds me of what Thumpers mother told him. "If you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all". So---------if you cant say something nice about helmets dont say anything at all.
Yes, how wonderful would it be if everyone who doesn't agree with me would STFU. No more ABHSML anecdotes. No more derp-faces chanting that "you should always wear a helmet", every time a cyclist bumps his toe or something. No more people sharing their unsolicited and often unwanted opinions about the merits of bicycle helmets and no more ecstatic BS of people who think their bicycle helmet is their lid and savior.

Well, actually it would probably be rather boring, but more people promoting cycling as the efficient, fun, healthy and safe activity it is, would be nice.

You may be preventing someone especially a new rider that may need and benefit from using a helmet from wearing one. Why keep posting the false information that no one will benefit from wearing a helmet?
And you may discourage people from cycling altogether with your fear-mongering. You may cause riders to think a helmet equals bicycle safety, while that's not the case. You may prevent them from considering real bicycle safety, which would be preventing accidents. It's also telling that the people who whine about bicycle helmets the most (=Americans and Australians) do a pretty lousy job with the whole bicycle safety thing.

Also: the Netherlands.

Last edited by CarinusMalmari; 06-25-14 at 04:29 AM.