Old 06-26-14, 12:47 PM
DogBoy
No one carries the DogBoy

Bikes: Roubaix Expert Di2, Jamis Renegade, Surly Disc Trucker, Cervelo P2, CoMotion Tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Ive ridden 23s on the MR trail many times and never had problems. If it's raining, I wouldn't be as confident. Before I decided not to do Ragbrai, I thought out how I'd do it. Here were my scribbles: I was going to take the Cassville ferry, then take the great river road to Tennyson st. That goes until you cross under 151. There is a paved trail that follows 151 for a while that turns into College Farm Road. From there north on Voig rd. and east on XX into Platteville. From Platteville I was going to take the pecitonica (crushed limestone) trail to the cheese county trail to Mineral Point. then take state 23 back to 151 and a paved trail next to 151 until it hits another road (Chris something) back to another trail and then back to 23 N into Dodgeville. You can take MRT from there, or:

I was going to take a different (hilly) way from there...Yz to Y to T into Barnaveld, K to Zwettler, S on F to Blue Mounds Trail, to north on JJ, south on 78 then left onto Moen Valley Rd. From there, merge with the Ironman route and into Madison wherever you need to go. This way is Hilly, so if you are loaded you may not want to do this unless you have low gearing.

If you don't know IM route: KP into Cross Plains, South on P, left on Stagecoach, rt on north birtch, left on Old Saulk pass, right on Timber lane (just a turn with a name change) to Midtown Rd. From there, probably best to check a map based on where you are headed.

Last edited by DogBoy; 06-26-14 at 01:18 PM.