View Single Post
Old 06-26-14, 02:56 PM
rms13

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by schiiism
Unless she was mistaken? I asked her twice because I didn't believe her. She was an associate in the Tustin store who went on a long winded spiel about what a great company REI is and all the benefits I get from forking over $20. Whether or not it's true, from these stories I wouldn't be comfortable rolling the dice with components that are so expensive to replace.

You're right though, and since I bought the Orbea last week I've been on a spree of buying tools and watching how-to videos! There's something about a nice bike that makes you want to take care of it more and not let strangers touch it lol. I also got an offer to work part time weekends at a bike shop, which I think will be a good way to learn more about bike mechanics as well.

Also, thank you for all the input when I was deciding whether to buy the Orbea or not. It really helped and I couldn't be happier with my choice! It feels like riding on a cloud
Since you have the Orbea it's a good chance to start wrenching on your other bikes as a learning process. Next time you need a tune up change the cables and learn to adjust the brakes and deraileurs on your own. Figure everything out before you touch the new bike. Also visit the Bicycle Mechanic subforum. Lots of very knowledgeable, helpfull nice people there that can get you through any job