Old 06-28-14, 07:35 AM
Gus90

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by raqball
I am officially done with Garmin.. My 810 was a mess until firmware 3.0. I sold it saying I'd never buy Garmin again and started researching other options.. Then I saw the feature list of the 1000 and I foolishly bought it hoping it worked.

My bad! Never and I mean never again!
My 810 is still a mess if I load a saved course and try to have it navigate. At some point during the ride it goes all wonky or jumps to another nearby road that I'm not even on. If I have to detour it tries to route me back to where I left the course instead of rerouting to the nearest point on the course. Don't even get me started on the frequent connection error problems with live track on my phone and uploading the course when I'm done. I've thought I had it working but then yesterday, during a 40 mile ride, it kept truing to reroute me. I chose the option to prompt for reroute but instead of rerouting back to the nearest point on the course, it kept trying to reroute me to the point where I left the course (again due to a detour I needed to take due to road construction). I have to say, Garmin is not going to be my next choice. I'm so fed up with all these problems. The 1000 sounds like just more of the same based on everyone's comments here. Screw Garmin.