Old 06-28-14, 10:01 PM
sherbornpeddler

Bikes: 3 speeds, mountain, road and recumbent

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
DBrim, I don't believe we ever welcomed you to MetroBoston, so welcome! One day you'll have to 'splain the "hung over" comment.

My sweetie and I did 49.55 miles on the tandem today. I was hoping it would trip 50 because Sharon would have liked that, but noop, not this time even though I did a loop through the Bedford schools parking lot to add mileage. I guess it wasn't enough.

Carlisle was having some sort of celebration, Old Home Town Day or something. Lots of goings-on, including a book sale at the library:

It was pretty hot today, about 85deg, so a rest at Fern's was welcome!

LOTS of bikes out today. We stopped for lunch at Heart Pond in South Chelmsford and met a bunch of folks who'd ridden down from Lowell to go swimming. They called themselves the Bikini Riders or something similar. Interesting mix of people with bikes both old and new. This was a Raleigh Sport, believed to be 1952, ridden by a 20-something. He'd done a century on it!
We did the Concord to Carlsile loop and stopped for lunch. The tag sale ended and they took down the sign while we sat outside or maybe they sold the tag sale sign.
Attached Images