Old 06-28-14, 10:52 PM
B. Carfree

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
The OP sounds familiar. My next door neighbors, who make ten to fifteen car trips per day, decided to tell their car-addicted guests to park in/across my driveway. When I finally lost patience with this behavior and called the police, they tried to tell the police that somehow my driveway wasn't a "real" driveway (presumably because my family doesn't drive a car on it). I gave the cop the relevant city ordinance and she informed my neighbors that if they persisted in their behavior she would cite the next car that parked across my driveway and tow the one after that. Two days ago they used up the citation step, and I suspect they will have one towed later this year.

Oddly, until about four years ago the woman next door used to ride her bike for the 1.5 mile trip to work. Since then, she has changed to only travelling by car. In that same time frame, she has put on about twenty pounds of adipose. I would not have predicted such a dramatic weight gain from such a small change in activity.