Old 06-30-14, 11:17 AM
thiocyclist

Bikes: 2015 Salsa Vaya 3, 2011 Windsor Oxford, 1974 Schwinn Continental

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spoonrobot
Anyway, I've gone ahead and mapped out what I think would be the route I'd take if I had to do your commute. This route is all low-traffic residential, bike-laned or bike-friendly roads.

To Emory B - Atlanta, GA

The interior core of Atlanta is generally pretty cycling friendly and an interesting place to ride. I think you'll quickly be able to identify other routes to get to where you're going since there is very good connectivity between bike-friendly roadways in that part of town. The area you'll be living in is like any other metropolitan neighborhood with respect to crime/etc. Don't leave valuables unattended at night and use common sense with respect to personal safety and you'll be fine.

I'd recommend becoming familiar with the MARTA services along your route as well. The bus line is fairly extensive and all buses have storage for at least two bikes.
Thanks a bunch! This is basically what I was looking for. It does seem to be quite divergent from what Google thought I should be doing. Do you think when the Beltline gets fully developed in Ormewood Park I should give that a try?

Originally Posted by lsberrios1
As a Non Atlanta native, hope you have a good sturdy set of wheels for the roads down there. This is going ot sound a little A-holish but every time I go down to that area is like riding on the moon.. I have no desire to destroy my nice wheels. I guess in a sense you are lucky you can commute to work by bike. I have to sit in traffic . However for training and leisure, can't beat North GA!
Not sure I follow. In Denver we have potholes galore, if that is what you are implying. I don't ride expensive bikes though (they're all <$500) and they've gotten me pretty far out in CO, so I guess I'll be okay. Let me know if I misunderstood you.