View Single Post
Old 10-15-05, 09:26 PM
pedex
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 501 Times in 397 Posts
Ive read alot of his writings, not sure If I think he's pro-war or not, more like he realizes that is the US's SOP way of dealing with it,afterall, much of the foreign policy with respect to mid east countries and oil was started long long ago, it isnt new. The US has troops and bases in 135 out of 192 countries, its been at war for more than 50 years. This could easily migrate to the P&R forum, but, weve also got another problem besides being tied to a system that has no future, and thats the military industrial complex, its a sizable chunk of the economy, and it has the same fate, it runs on oil. The federal and state governments are the biggest single employers in the country, by quite a bit. When things start getting real bad we are likely to end up in a situation where even more people turn to govt secure jobs, only so many can ride on the govt coat tails. in the end, oil scarcity will likely be what fixes alot of our problems if we manage to get thru the beginnings of it without too many problems.

One sidenote and observation that Ive been thinking long and hard about. Many seem to think that guys like me, the peasants in society will take alot of this on the chin and maybe have a really rough time, im not so sure about that. Guys like me are used to working hard, mostly manual labor, we arent afraid of hard work, been doing it my whole life. When the energy gets real scarce it will create jobs to replace the energy deficit. Those that are in cushy jobs created by the energy gluttony and knowlegde walls weve put up will get crushed, they will have to find other means. For example, as a messenger I deal with all sorts or little service companies that work as a middleman tween citizens and govt, they essentially fill out paperwork for enormous fees that are highly overvalued and priced, not only will the demand for this drop, but many will do it themselves instead. The govt itself will have difficulty providing the services to begin with, they already are, I see that all the time.

Nothing about our McWorld is ready for contraction, its all gonna have to change.