Chris516
24-Speed Machine

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez 24-Speed Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rydabent
Banning bikes is in fact discrimination towards people like Joey, since that is their only transportation. He apparently has chosen not to have a car.

OTOH there are lots of other people that dont have a car for many reasons. Some are not allowed to drive for physical or mental problems. Some have lost their license due to drunk driving or accidents. So-----------their only transportation is either walk or bike. For an apartment complex to ban bikes is just plain stupid.
I am like Joey. But only in the sense of, not having a car. Rather than fight the state over my health(people with epilepsy will lose their license in a heartbeat, even something totally unrelated is turned into an excuse to yank there license. While habitual drunk drivers' are given a second and third chance at killing someone), I chose to think of alternative forms of transportation. Public transportation is stressful for me, every time I venture to use it. I feel so much safer not being in a 'cage', when I am in traffic.

(I know someone is going to think something like 'What planet is he on')