View Single Post
Old 07-02-14, 01:54 AM
2EXTREME

Bikes: Old 10 speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 Marin MUIRWOODS 29er, Awesome deal!

Thank you to all the people that gave me advice on finding my first bike in about 30 years.
I really appreciate the knowledge that was shared here.

I decided that I wanted a Hybrid, but without a front shock fork.
The Marin MUIRWOODS 29er was recommended, and I went to ride one at REI.
I really liked the ride, but they only had it in a 17". The Bike salesman said he would like to see me test ride a 19", but they were out of them.

While looking around the internet for a 19" I found this awesome deal on Amazon.
The 2014 MUIRWOODS 29er sells at REI for $699.00.
I just ordered the 2013 Marin MUIRWOODS 29er for $449.00 on Amazon with free shipping. (19")

The main difference I see between the 2 is that the 2014 has hydraulic disc brakes, and the 2013 has mechanical disk brakes.
The front fork seems to be straighter on the 2014 too. One person said they liked the 2013 fork better as it may be a smoother ride.
The tires are different too. Some say the 2013 has a better derailleur, and that they actually prefer mechanical disc brakes over hydraulic.

BTW I do not work for the Amazon seller, or any bike seller. I just found an awesome deal, and wanted to share it with people on here that might want this bike.

I would like to ask more advice as to what else I will be needing, and your recommendations.
Things I want will be fenders, rear rack, lights, a helmet, a lock, water bottle, etc.
I will read more about these things in other posts, but if you can give me recommendations, I would appreciate it.

I will try to post pictures when the bike comes next week, and maybe while I assemble it.
Thanks again for you help! I'm excited to get out there biking again, and to get back into shape!

I will try to post the link below:
Amazon.com : 2013 Marin MUIRWOODS 29er xx.x" Urban Commuter Road Bike Shimano 8s Disc NEW : Sports & Outdoors
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2013 MARIN.jpg (88.9 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by 2EXTREME; 07-02-14 at 01:59 AM.