Old 07-03-14, 09:31 AM
2EXTREME

Bikes: Old 10 speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NormanF
I'm 5'7" and I went by the sizing guideline on the Marin Bikes website.

In your case, 19" is the right size. You can look up the fitting recommendation for it here:

Marin Bikes | Bike Sizing Charts | Mountain Bikes, Road Bikes, and City/Commuter Bicycles | us

A double kickstand would work. You'll want an Axiom rear rack designed to work with disc brakes. As for fenders, you have a choice between SKS and Cascadia. A bike shop is qualified to help you properly assemble your bike, get the wheels trued, install fenders and install any accessories you might want.

Are you planning to build a commuter bike? The Marin Muirwoods lends itself to that role.
Thanks for the replys. Many bike companies have so many different sizes that differ from other companies. What one company calls a large, another calls a medium.
I bought the 19" based on the ride I did at REI on the 17". The very helpful salesman suggested that I might fit better on a 19", but they didn't have one.
I liked REI so much, that I think I would have bought from them if they had the 19".

I feel weird about buying a bike on line, and taking it to a local bike shop to have them assemble it.
I think I will assemble it, and ride it for a while, and then maybe take it in for a tune up that most bike shops advertise.

Your thoughts?
Thanks!