Old 07-04-14, 01:31 PM
antimonysarah

Bikes: Nishiki Bel-Air, Brompton P6L, Seven Resolute SLX, Co-motion Divide, Xtracycle RFA

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
I use a rechargable external batter charger. I've used it multiple times with the 800 without any issues. I've used it a few times with the Touring without any issues.

If you are using it for navigating (especially), 17 hours is very optimistic (by about a factor of 2).
Yeah. On the map screen, while recording and navigating with tones on and a 15-second backlight timeout, my Touring will definitely do 8 hours, probably 10 if letting it go all the way to zero.

On the info screen, navigating, recording, tones on, backlight 15 seconds, it seems like it'd go more like 13 -- it went close to 11 hours and was down a bit under 20% when I plugged it in on the 400k.

I think the first one I got had something wrong with the battery/charging port -- the second one will keep trying to shut itself off if I try to charge it with a full battery, but is otherwise OK with the external pack. I also switched to lithium batteries, because lighter and slightly higher voltage, which may have helped.