Old 07-05-14, 06:22 PM
RWTD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you want to bypass the airport/construction on US1 take 17th on west past US 1 then past the hospital to south on sw4thAve.Then west on 84(heavy traffic but wide outside lane)to just past the interstate.Then get off the bike and walk it across to ravenswood rd exit off84 on the other side(or u=turn at the next chance).Take Ravenswood(traffic calmed) south to Griffin or Old griffin to pick up Dania Beach Blvd/A1a.Actually I used this routing to head on west on Griffin out to Weston/Sawgrass etc.If you want to avoid 84 you can take 4th on south to sw 34th(I actually don't like this road as narrow with a lot of truck traffic to the airport) then north to sw13th which becomes Perimeter Rd and then take that on around the west side of the airport to Griffin or to ravenswood at the big bridge at sw42nd.I actually used to cut through Port Everglades as a shortcut to Miami/Keys but after 911 they definately tightened up security there.I haven't been this way in awhile as I live in Palm Beach Co now but personally I would just continue south on US1 to A1A taking care at the construction and lane merging areas.I have done this one or twice in the past.