View Single Post
Old 07-06-14, 04:26 PM
Robert C

Bikes: This list got too long: several ‘bents, an urban utility e-bike, and a dahon D7 that my daughter has absconded with.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 48 Posts
OK, I picked it up and rode it home today. As I discuss general impressions keep in ind that I normally ride a Bacchetta Giro 26att, a recumbent.

First off, this is definitely a five-mile bike. By that I mean that for anything over five miles I will reach for a different bike. It seems slow compared to my 'bent; the numbers show that it is about 2.5mph slower. It is not as comfortable as the 'bent.

What people want to hear about, the belt and the N360 transmission. It was extremely smooth. Further, there was no drivetrain noise at all (of course, the noise from the generator insured that there was no silence). My gripe with the drivetrain is that it is geared too high. I never used the highest position and I frequently used the lowest position. Soon I will look and see if I can source a slightly larger rear sprocket.

I know this dosn't sound like a lot of praise; keep in mind what this bike is for. This bike is for riding 2.5mi to the rail stop and then a couple of miles when I get off the train. This is not a bike to get excited about; however, it feels very utilitarian.