Thread: Swift folders
View Single Post
Old 10-16-05, 04:18 PM
guydickinson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey James - I like the reflective sidewalls - very cool. Apart from the kevlar and sidewalls, those also look a lot thinner than the 0.15 over my 20x1.5 comets...I have to agree about the speed/low rolling resistance, although I've not got direct comparison as you have. The comet must be a tough cookie - my non-kevlars have also been pretty tough and (touch wood) puncture free, since I got my Swift as well. I'd definitely recommend the Primo Comet 'family' :-)

Ok, an unrelated question - your seat post looks really clean! I've lightly greased mine, as advised by Peter/xootr, but it gets really dirty and catches on clothes, hands etc. when exposed by the fold. I've cleaned the inside of the frame thoroughly, but reapplying the grease (some generic, lithium, white grease) seems to pick up grime and so on.

Does anyone know of a 'clean' grease that would work to keep the seat post from binding? Not sure if that's the most bizarre question I've ever asked in a forum, but if anyone knows what I mean, I'd love an answer!