View Single Post
Old 07-07-14, 12:23 PM
joeyduck

Bikes: 1997 Kona Hahana Race Light, 2010 Surly LHT(deceased), 1999 Rocky Mountain Turbo

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice ride this morning. My legs felt busted at the start up my hill I had to stand and climb it.

I did a short but steep hike this weekend with a fully overloaded pack and my legs were tired. But they started to feel better, just my big toe with the gash was made more sore by pedaling.

In the end I was able to push hard on the flats with the tail wind. I had a higher overall speed and fairly quick time.

On my rush home Friday for date night I killed my lungs. I was tired and wheezy all night after having a week off. But it was date night and I wanted to be ready. I ended up pulling a tri guy at the end of his ride. He was somewhat impressed (I would like to think) and relieved (he said that) after his long ride to get a pull. I was hurting keeping up that pace after time off.

But I ended up going up the hill and getting home a minute faster and an average speed 1 km/h faster than the commute down the hill that morning.

I love surprise dates, really motivating. We had a nice greek dinner and then saw The Tempest at Bard on the Beach. Great night. Then a weekend hike and camp at some hot springs. Great weekend