View Single Post
Old 07-08-14, 03:31 PM
groth
astro

Bikes: Raleigh Sports, '72, Bianchi Volpe, '97 (no more, it died), Greenspeed GTVS6, '05, Trek 520, '13

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay H
Pedco Ultra Clamp Assembly PD05020 B&H Photo Video

I have one of those, you can mount any digicam with a standard tripod mount to any flat surface (like a car window) or any round bar up to XX" (I don't recall the max diameter) but it works for handlebars... (I've done it). Your videos still come out fairly shaky but it's a cheap solution for novelty uses..

A helmet cam will be more steady...

Jay
Not so sure about that. My wife gave me a GoPro for Xmas. I eventually ordered the helmet mount and in February took it out for a short ride (4 miles) around the neighborhood. Lots of snow!

I week ago, I played it again and pretty much got seasick. About a third of the ride was on roads with enough traffic that I was constantly looking down at my handlebar mounted mirror. When coming to an intersection I would look left right left right, etc. But with my head tilted forward, this made the horizon rotate as a looked left or right.

It would take a lot of editing to make a smooth video out of it. Also, one needs to talk to one self to say what's going on (or I supposed you could do voice over as part of the editing).

-Ed