Old 07-09-14, 02:19 PM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by popeye
15K is the best you can expect and you have to service them? My DA7800 has 50K, perfect and never touched.
You can't extrapolate from a single data point anything. I sure there are BB30's with 60K miles on the original bearings. Also you can buy 2-3 sets of BB30 bearings for the price of a single DA BB. Its not only about riding conditions but also about the strength of the rider. You may not like BB30. People have allegiance to all different types of BB including square taper. I do believe DA BB's are very good. If the OP wants he can easily regress his BB30 to an external bearing crank like DA or Ultegra and run a similar BB to what you have. All that is necessary is to press a BSA sleeve into BB30 bores and now you have an English threaded BB. Also Praxis makes a BB that is plug and play to BB30 that has the same reliability of a DA BB and it is easily installed and removed. There is no reason to settle now. Any BB30 can run a variety of cranks including Campy which previously didn't mount well. Now they do with a Praxis UltraTorque BB.