Old 07-09-14, 05:49 PM
Estuche

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chombi
One other note I have for you is that what ever pedals you end up using on these, you will need to make sure that they have flats on the pedal axle to install and remove them with a wrench, as the pedal threaded holes do not go through the crank arm like they typically do on most cranksets, so there will be no access to the usual allen head wrench hole you see on most newer pedal sets, to tighten and remove the pedals from the crank arms.
Thanks for the heads up, this is valuable to know!
Originally Posted by Bandera
I've had a Topline crankset on my Vitus since '94 installed on a Dura Ace BB from whatever the 7spd groupo was. Look up the specs on the DA BB and see what's available for your requirments.
Is this the BB you are using?:VeloBase.com - Component: Shimano BB-7400, Dura-Ace so it would be ~112mm. Can you please measure your chainline with a ruler or similar? See Sheldon for instructions:http://sheldonbrown.com/chainline.html Here is an excerpt:Simply hold the ruler against the seat tube or down tube and measure the distance from the middle of the seat tube to the middle of the chainring teeth. In the case of triple chainwheel sets, measure to the middle chainring. In the case of doubles, measure to the halfway point between the two rings.
Originally Posted by gaucho777
FWIW, according this (astronomical) ebay auction for a matching set of matching NOS Topline cranks and BB: "The cranks come with 127mm Titanium spindled Topline Bottom bracket." Seems awfully wide, but what do I know? Maybe this is the BB length for a 3-ring setup?
Thanks for sharing this link. I asked the seller but s/he seems clueless about it.