View Single Post
Old 07-10-14, 11:03 AM
raqball

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 121 Posts
I have not ventured outside of my City but the few times I've used the maps on the Cyclo 505 they have been dead on, the TBT has been dead on and I have zero complaints about maps or navigation with the Cyclo.

The 1000 is still a mess when it comes to maps and navigation. just look at the Garmin Forums..

I do think Garmin will eventually get the 1000 to work as promised / advertised but even with their recent update, it's still a long ways off from that happening..

I think the 810 at this point in it's life is a good bet. Garmin has has plenty of time to work the kinks out and by now it should be solid. My 810 was a mess! Update 3.0 for the 810 did solve most of the issues I was having with it but it took a year to get to that version.

If you want to simply compare mapping and navigation then I'd give the Edge 1000 a 6 out of 10 and the Cyclo a 9 out of 10. I dropped Garmin's score from my original posting because it's still a mess from reading the Garmin Forums. I also increased the Cyclo score because it flat out just works with no fussing or messing with it..

My .02