View Single Post
Old 07-10-14, 11:55 AM
mrodgers

Bikes: 2014 Giant Escape 1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 20 Posts
My bike that I started seriously riding for weight loss last year. I bought it in 2005 when teaching my oldest daughter at 5 yo to ride a bike. Rode it occasionally on the bike trail with her. It sat in the garage for years until the oldest actually could ride it. I cleaned it up the best I could with no knowledge and she rode it around the yard with her sister on the original 12 inch tire (I think) bike.

Last year after said daughter left it out in the yard buried in snow all winter, I adjusted everything the best I could and with the same rusty chain and all original worn out parts, started riding for exercise. Bought myself a Giant Escape this year and my wife has ridden with me once. My oldest daughter has gone riding with me twice down on the bike trail (wife made it about 2.5 miles before we turned around, daughter rode twice my typical 6 miles out and 6 back ride.) This is what is now their bike:

I would like to pick something up for them, but I doubt they would ride enough to justify the expense. I'm just one of the rare really poor folk on the internet. Everyone else on the net seems to have money to burn. I have doctor bills and expenses to pay for while trying to keep up with my barely worth it house payment. I ride, or try to ride, every day while they would only be once in a blue moon. Not worth trying to come up with the cash for another bike for them.