Old 07-11-14, 12:35 AM
Overthewheels7

Bikes: Giant Escape RX Composite 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello folks, very glad I found a thread for this bike! I need help, YOUR FEEDBACK IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. I hadn't done any biking since I was a child & opted for an Escape Composite RX after reading all the reviews and test riding it for a couple of blocks. I am 5'8 and my LBS told me that the Medium (which was the only composite they had) was good for me. I rode out of the store with it today, I'm so ignorant to biking & wanted it so bad for commuting that I didn't think of asking for a fitting, nor did they offer me one. Upon getting home from a 45mt. ride through the street of NYC, I am hurting!! I feel like when I get on this bike, I'm climbing onto it even though the seat post is only about 4" from the tightening/loosening clamp, if I have to lower it even more, should I have gotten a Small? (Picture attached) I'd like to know if there is anyone here who's my height (5'8") and find out which size they purchased.
Also, the bike shop didn't give me any manuals and pretty much gave me the bike that was on display and that had been test-ridden and charged full price, is that how it works? They said it was when I asked them. Also riding on this seat, my bony rear-end feels as if I had been riding on railroad tracks. I am kind of annoyed now, since I dropped a pretty penny (US 1,450.00 + a $187.56 tax) & looking back, all they did was tune it up downstairs (didn't take long), hand it over to me and didn't test fit me given their experience as a bike shop & the money I spent.
Summary:
a) Should I have gotten a small given my height (5'8') and how little tube there is left to lower?
b) Was the purchasing process (no manuals, no fitting, display bike @ full price) honest?

Thank you so much for your time and feedback.
- Andres D.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20140711_022415.jpg (88.2 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by Overthewheels7; 07-11-14 at 12:39 AM.