View Single Post
Old 07-11-14, 02:42 AM
DuetDeux

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very good point on v-brake rear and disc front!
In regards to the most suitable frame, I think spinningmagnets said that the v-brake version would fit the normal 135mm spacing?
I've never owned an e-bike before, but if I can find a solution that will assist with the hills - many new areas will become available for my main activity, mountain hiking .

Bonnie has already responded to me by mail, and this is the item list and prices I was quoted for a v-brake rear hub model

one double-speed motor-----------111USD

double-speed sine-wave controller---21USD

LCD display-----------------------24USD( optional, but other brand's display won't work with our controller)

H/A/L switch---------------------3USD

PAS---------------------------------3USD( optional)

Throttle----------------------------7USD(optional)

What's the H/A/L switch and PAS? Do I actually need the display for anything sensible? The future owner of the e-bike is not very much interested in technical stuff, so simplicity is preferable.

I just looked closer at the drawings sent to me by Bonnie, and I'm a little uncertain what model to use.

These are the alternatives:
- double-speed motor, v-brake, single freewheel - is 156mm wide
- double-speed motor, v-brake, 7s - is 135mm wide

I'm not quite sure I understand the difference between the two, apart from the fact that one is 19mm(!!) wider than the other. Not sure which bike that has that for a stock spacing?

Last edited by DuetDeux; 07-11-14 at 02:58 AM.